It Ain't Me Babe
The main intent of this website is to catalog the recordings by other artists performing the songs and music of Bob Dylan. These recordings (covers) are arranged in various categories as outlined in a set of rules. An alphabetical list of all recordings and and alphabetical list of all the artists included on the site is provided on the database pages. We don't offer downloads. We only offer data.
You will find:
- a song list arranged by title of all the tracks on albums featured within the site.
- an illustrated list of his albums
- a list of Bob Dylan's lyrics and a list of known translations (with links to the recordings).
- links to Spotify
- bits of information about songs that are covered by Bob Dylan, as wel as "soundbites of the originals"
- video's of cover versions
- translations of covers in other languages
- interesting cover stories from all over the world
- magazine-covers, on Bob Dylan Magazines (made by the same team as this site).
- covers of album covers
- covers of that Milton Glaser Poster
- pictures of people that cover themselve with Dylan-tattoos
- covers of the Subterranean Homesick Blues video
- conclusions on the wall: murals, from all over the world.
- Lessons How to play Dylan songs on guitar, ukelele, mandoline and many other instruments
- A special page with Buskers covering Bob Dylan on the streets
So, unlike Dave Plentus' original website - where not even every cover was listed - we also cover the side paths. We cover much, much more than just the audio audio-covers. Besides that.. The Times They Are A-Changin'! On this website the criteria are wide: If a cover is recorded and published in any format it can be listed in the database. So you will find information about recordings listed on YouTube, Archive.org or Soundcloud. There will be no discussions about quality (artistic or technical).
Special sections are made for Cover Albums, Video and Translations. For those recordings we will follow the rules which were originaly set by Dave. But... we get distracted quickly. We get lost sometimes, but we enjoy this.
This website is dedicated to Dave. Much of the content of his original site is re-used in this one. Just like him we make no claims that the information here is complete, but try to add any new information of recordings as it becomes known. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Anton Bohnen, Hans Bosch, Bill Hester, Dick Verschuur